WHAT NEXT FOR THE PEOPLE OF MERU?

Image
Meru County, nestled on the eastern slopes of Mount Kenya, has long been a region of vibrant political activity. Known for its diverse culture, rich agricultural lands, and strategic importance, Meru is now becoming equally known for its political drama. The past months have seen Meru being a hotbed of political intrigue, power play, and even an attempted ouster of its governor. But what is really happening in Meru, and why is it so significant? The Political Landscape of Meru Meru's politics have always been colorful, characterized by a mix of traditional leadership structures and modern political dynamics. Historically, the region has been governed by a blend of community elders, known as the Njuri Ncheke, and elected officials. This unique interplay has often created a delicate balance between respecting traditional governance and embracing the democratic process. However, in the past few years, this balance has been disrupted. The county has experienced rising political tension

A BURUDANI EXPERIENCE; EPIC SKY CYCLING AND MORE...HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰

Adventures are exciting especially when 'challenges' are involved; that is game challenges.

I had the privilege and opportunity of kick-starting my New Year with amazing challenges at the Burudani Adventure Park together with my lovely family.
Having learnt and known of Burudani Adventure Park through a television show, we had to experience it live and get our 2023 starting on a high note.

Burudani Adventure Park is so far the only place in Kenya that offers Sky Cycling.

Located in the luxuriant Limuru, Burudani Adventure Park is your go-to place especially for one who loves adrenaline-inducing activities such as High Ropes, Zip-Lining, with the 'leading lady' being Sky Cycling.  

Surrounded by a lot of tea plantations, the place gets quite cold and one is advised to carry a jacket with them.





Ever heard of Sky Cycling? I used to see videos of people, on social media, sky cycling and it really looked interesting. With my phobia of heights, it never crossed my mind that I should give it a try.

My 'acrophobic' self acing Sky Cycling


On New Year's (1st January, 2023), my family and I headed for the park to experience what we had earlier seen on the television and partly social media.

What sets the Park apart is the incredible view of the tea farms encircling it, breathtaking I should say!

After what was almost an hour's drive from Thika, we arrived and after seeing the place and had a cup of tea,we set out for the activities.

We first signed a waiver before getting instructions on how to go about the activities. Sky Cycling is a high-risk activity, although the likelihood of an accident happening is low, there remains a possibilty.
After that, we were provided with a safety gear, that is, a helmet and a harness. What followed next was a safety briefing on how the activities are.





Being acrophobic, I was already anxious and tensed on seeing the height from the ground of these 'challenges.' The staff were however helpful and encouraging and I had to face the task.

Sky Cycling is safe as one is strapped on a harness, which would hold one down in the unlikely event that one falls off, and the bicycle itself is held up on the sky cycle and track. Anyone can take part in this activity whether you know how to cycle or not. 

"If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine. It's lethal!" - Paulo Coelho.





Climbing up the makeshift ladder was no joke. With the steps being far apart from each other, one had to use their hands and legs (if need be) to reach the next step, which in itself was another challenge.

The difficult part were these several challenges that really tested my patience, but giving up was not among my solutions. What made it more difficult were the strong winds that kept shaking the ladders and making it more scary. 




With it came the exciting ending of the zip-line, which was a walk in the park, kinda.
After zip-lining one had to hike back a small distance to the starting point.

With my fear of heights, I decided to take the other challenge of Sky Cycling.
"Si najua kuendesha bike, so hii itakuwa rahisi kwangu," I kept telling myself as I got to the platform.
Lo and Behold! On getting to where the bicycles were, things started dawning on me and the height from the ground was petrifying.

It literally took a whole village to convince me to get onto the bike. At this point, my heart was willing but my legs weren't obeying. How my brother did it so easily amazed me.
After hours of thinking whether or not to get onto the bike with a million words of encouragement from my family and others who were watching me from down, I decided to challenge myself and conquer that fear. I did it after all and it was pure adrenaline.



I would definitely do Sky Cycling again!

With the fair charges, Burudani Adventure Park is the best place to be especially for team buildings as they offer High Ropes, Sky Cycling, Archery, and Zip-lining. With exquisite views, a nature trail is perfect!

I enjoyed cycling that I forgot the much struggle I had to get onto that bike. The feasibility to my situation and life was unmatched. 
The struggle of getting it right in life is never to one's liking but once you get the gist of it, it becomes sweet and enjoyable.
We then had a scrumptious meal after we were done with the day's activities, which was a good way of rejuvenating after spending our energies on the activities.

I hope this post inspired you to try these 'challenges' especially Sky Cycling and push yourself out of your comfort zone. If thinking about it makes you excited, imagine actually doing it.

Click the link below to watch the full experience:


HAPPY 2023 πŸŽ‰

 













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WHAT NEXT FOR THE PEOPLE OF MERU?

Competency-Based Curriculum (CBC) in Kenya: A Look at the Way Forward (ARTICLE 2)

Navigating the Current Landscape of Education in Kenya: Challenges and Opportunities (ARTICLE 1)